On 29 September 2018, seven theological institutions in Singapore came together at a conference organised by the Ethos Institute for Public Christianity to discuss their common ministry of theological education.
The theme of the conference, ‘Theological Education in Singapore: Retrospect and Prospect’ invites the participating institutions to reflect on their unique beginnings and histories, as well as their shared mission to train and nurture the future generation of pastors, leaders and missionaries.
The papers presented at the conference by the principals and presidents of the seven seminaries are published in this volume in the Ethos Engagement Series. It is hoped that those who are similarly involved in the important work of ministerial formation will benefit from the perspectives and insights that this collection of essays offers.
- Theological Education as Intellectual Formation, Dr Philip Satterthwaite, Biblical Graduate School of Theology
- The Intellectual Formation of Theological Education in Singapore, Rev Dr Clement Chia, Singapore Bible College
- Theological Education as Spiritual Formation, Rev Dr Wan Chee Wan,Discipleship Training Centre
- Ministerial Formation Aspirations and Perspectives, Rev Dr Chan Chong Hiok, East Asia School of Theology
- Theological Education as Ministerial Formation, Rev Dr Casey Ng, ACTS College
- Theological Institution and the Church, Rev Dr Ngoei Foong Nghian, Trinity Theological College
- Models of Church-Seminary Relations, Dr Daniel Wu, Baptist Theological Seminary
This publication is available for purchase at the Bible Resource Centre at 7 Armenian Street, S179932 (Retail Price: S$10). Click here to purchase.