- Colson, Charles W. Lies that go unchallenged in popular culture. Wheaton, IL: Tyndale House Publishers, 2005.*
- Possamai, Adam. Religion and popular culture: a hyper-real testament. Bruxelles: Peter Lang Publishing, 2005.*
- Schaeffer, Francis A. Art and the Bible. Downers Grove, Il: InterVarsity Press, 1973.*
- Schultz, David Andrew. It’s Show Time!: Media, Politics, and Popular Culture (Politics, Media, and Popular Culture). New York, NY: Peter Lang Publishing, 2000.
- Staub, Dick. The Culturally Savvy Christian: a manifesto for deepening faith and enriching popular culture in an age of Christianity-lite. San Francisco, CA: John Wiley & Sons, 2007.*
- Sweet, Leonard, A. Crouch, M. Horton, F. Mathewes-Green and E. R. McManus. The church in emerging culture: five perspectives. Grand Rapids, MI: Zondervan Publishing, 2003.*
- Turner, Steve. Popcultured: Thinking Christianly About Style, Media and Entertainment. Downers Grove, Il: InterVarsity Press, 2013.*
*Refers to those written from a Christian perspective.